Penn State Extension: Pruning Woody Plants – $75
Pruning Woody Plants will begin indoors with classroom instruction that is specific to changes in pruning practice and research. Participants will then apply their knowledge outdoors while pruning shrubs. Please bring pruning hand tools and dress for all weather – rain, snow, or sunshine.
To Be Covered
- New ANSI Pruning Standard Changes and Terminology
- Five Pruning Systems and Three Types of Cuts
- Best Times to Prune
- Maintaining and Training Trees
- The Use of Proper Pruning Tools
- Renovating and Maintaining Multi-Stem Evergreen and Deciduous Shrubs
This is not a Primex affiliated event. To sign up please visit extension.psu.edu/pruning-woody-plants.